We offer tours for groups and schools. Call (843) 727-7146 to inquire.
These facilities were constructed for operation by water and wastewater professionals, most of which are specially licensed and have a full grasp of the open machinery, complex structures and raw chemicals in active use. Safety is always our top priority.
Hanahan Water Treatment Plant
1104 Hanahan Rd., Hanahan, SC 29406
Strict criteria, for safety reasons:
- Request at least one month in advance, but two months is ideal.
- All participants at least 14 years old.
- Student-teacher/adult ratio of 4-1, or better.
- Closed toe shoes, sturdy pants.
- Weekdays, in daylight.
Plum Island Wastewater Treatment Plant
539 Harborview Circle, Charleston, SC 29412
General public tours currently unavailable due to construction.
- Tours may resume in 2020 if construction activity ceases.
Media and industry professionals may request access any time.