Drinking Water for Community Events
Charleston Water System provides drinking water for outdoor community events held in our service area. We do this as a public service to support the community and share information about tap water.
We offer two options: the Water Wagon and the Water Buffalo. Both are designed to dispense clean, refreshing tap water into cups or reusable bottles. It's an environmentally friendly way to serve water at your event!
How to book the Water Wagon or Water Buffalo
If you're planning an outdoor event, please review the following criteria before submitting a request. Scheduling is done on a first-come, first-served basis depending on availability. We may not be able to accommodate all requests.
- Event must be held in Charleston Water System's service area (view map)
- The event must be open to the public
- Must have an expected attendance of at least 500 people
- Submit a request at least two weeks prior to the event
Water Wagon specs and requirements
- Features a total of six taps, three on each side, for filling cups or bottles (these are not provided)
- Dispenses chilled drinking water
- Must be placed within 50 feet of a potable water source (hose bib or fire hydrant)
- Will be provided for up to four hours
Water Buffalo specs requirements
- Large tank on wheels with multiple taps for filling cups or bottles (these are not provided)
- Holds 400 – 500 gallons of water.
- Water is not chilled
- Delivered full of water (does not require a water source)
Submit a request
To schedule the Water Wagon or a Water Buffalo, please complete request form (PDF), and we will follow up with you within two business days.
Questions? Send us an email or call (843) 727-6846.